TECHNET Archives

February 2014

From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:51:46 +0000
This is something you should look into:
http://www.fancort.com/Products/Racks-and-Fixtures/Adjustable-Racks/Magazine-Rack-with-Gear-Adjustment-BG-Series.html

These racks allow you to slide in the bare PWB, or any partial assembly, or any fully assembled CCA, alone or in a pallet.
They hold the pallet or the CCA/PWB very securely, do not damage the boards, and allow the full convection currents around each board in the magazine. They provide the most protection you can get.

This is what many companies use inside an oven. You do need to order the right material for inside the oven (they can withstand up to 200 deg. C if you order suffix "H" as directed). They are very durable (actually almost indestructible), are dissipative, or are easily ground-able with a wire and clip, and can be easily adjusted to hold almost any size of board. The cost of one or two of these in every oven will quickly pay for itself when you figure your cost of ESD matting and cost of replacement on a yearly basis.
This allows you to get rid of the metal trays, the ESD matting, etc.
The bottoms of your assemblies see nothing but hot air.                  Don't go there, Dewey.