TECHNET Archives

February 2014

From:
Karen Tellefsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Karen Tellefsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:17:54 -0500
I don't think acetone has white residues, but maybe it attacks the solder
mask giving the appearance of white residue.

I would run a compatibility evaluation of acetone on the PCBA,
particularly the solder mask, before using it as a cleaner.

Karen Tellefsen - Electrical Testing
Alpha / 109 Corporate Blvd./ S. Plainfield, NJ 07080
908-791-3069