TECHNET Archives

January 2014

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:34:40 -0500
Bob,

Pls forgive me.  My brain is toast from the exhaustion of shoveling snow off
the roof in preparation for the impending rain.  It's Michigan, we expect
change...

What does SME mean?

You want info on an ink that can be stenciled - correct?

Ablestik 36-2 could be stenciled [and screen printed], and had good pot/work
life on the stencil, but it worked better for smaller apertures
[0.010-0.020"], as I recall.

Ablestik 84-1LMI series also worked fairly well, but the pot/work life
wasn't as good with the TM5011 rated materials.

Since National Starch bought out Ablestik, and Loctite bought out Henkel,
Hysol, National Starch, QMI, Emerson & Cuming and who knows what else, you
can check with your Loctite Rep.  There are a host of newer materials out
there!

You can also check out EpoTek and a host of others.

No matter what direction you go in, take a serious look at the data sheet to
glean whether the rheological properties of the material and it's work/pot
life stand a chance of being on the stencil for more than an hour or two.

By all means, trust, BUT VERIFY!!!

Steve Creswick
Sr Associate - Balanced Enterprise Solutions
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencreswick
                         616 834 1883