TECHNET Archives

January 2014

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:40:25 -0600
Good afternoon all,

As far as the 3M 600 series tape is concerned, be aware that there are
two, count them two, 3M 600 tapes.  The one that comes from 3Ms Stationary
Division, usually used for wrapping Christmas presents, has a relatively
low adhesive strength.  The 3M 600 tape that comes from their Industrial
supplies division is much stronger.  So if you want the coating test to
pass you use the Stationary tape.  If you want the coating to fail, you
use the Industrial tape.

Doug Pauls