TECHNET Archives

January 2014

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:25:05 +0000
Guys and Gals,
I know JEDEC and others got 130C 85RH HAST test.  What is the residence time of H2O on a hot surface of 130C?  I know the pressure cooker test is high pressure of 2atm to kept the H2O there, but is HAST got pressure or not, if it is, does 85RH resulting evaporation rapid enough from the surface?  What is boundary layer coverage (device surface/moisture) of H2O? Any reference will be greatly appreciated (if you do not have enough coverage and short residence time on surface, Is there any diffusion take place or ionic species got time to dissolve/react with the part?).  Many thanks in advance.
Best regards,

Joyce Koo
Researcher
Materials Interconnect Lab