TECHNET Archives

January 2014

From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 19:07:54 +0000
In a previous life I did it, but not to find which one was best in class for solvent, but for which one was best in class for FIBERS. The reason was because the cheap stuff leaves lots of fibers inside the apertures of the stencils, in the paste, and on the surface of the stencil, and these showed up in the solder joints as well. We went to a different brand, it completely fixed the issue. I have not seen any issues with wipe solvent.
As part of this, I did notice a huge difference in overall quality of wipe paper between different vendors. I think we looked at 4 different vendors, but I do not remember which one we ended up using.