TECHNET Archives

December 2013

From:
MaryJane Chism <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, MaryJane Chism <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:20:30 -0500
Hi Group,

I have a question concerning the moisture level of a printed circuit board.

1) Does a printed circuit board have an MSL level? We have been treating the printed circuit as an MSL Level 3.
2) Should we consider the wave solder as a thermal event even though the wave carriers shield all areas of the printed circuit board except the specific through hole areas. We currently do but should we?

Any information you give will be helpful,

Thanks,

Mary Jane