TECHNET Archives

December 2013

From:
Phil Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:25:46 +0000
This is a new one for me.   It appears to me that the panel has already been cut almost all the way through based on the cross section photo. It also appears that whatever cut it, went right through both copper and internal  fiberglass and epoxy.  Only the very last fiberglass material left in the middle appears to be holding it together.

At 1.24 mil wide, I don't see how any rolling mechanical blade will fit into the chasm between the two sides of the cut.

Without knowing the specifics of how this was manufactured, it looks like it is ready to be broken off as is.
I guess the real answer is to get back to the person who prepared this for you and ask them how they expected you to separate the boards.

If that is not possible, then I think Dean nailed it on his first answer.  Use your sharpest knife and steadiest operator to carefully follow the score line guide already provided.  Don't press too hard and make cuts from both sides, if necessary.

Phil