TECHNET Archives

December 2013

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:22:18 -0600
Hi Chris - unless we have revised the Periodic table and element
properties, you do not have a case of subliming or vaporizing or etc the
elements involved. However, you did provide a new clue - the horrible
smell! There is a high likelihood that you have decomposed or evaporated
some constituent of the organics on the unit. Bad smelling things are
often sulfur based and sulfur deposited on a printed wiring assembly is
not a good thing. Have you conducted an SEM EDX of the "bridging"
material?

Dave