TECHNET Archives

December 2013

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:38:13 -0700
Hi Phil,

The Hakko 485 is a solder fountain type of rework station. The AirVac
PCBRM-12 is what I've always used, but that was for standard tin/lead
solders. The new lead-free model is the PCBRM-15 and all the pump
components and flow wells (nozzles) are titanium which can put the price
tag  easily around $15K or more if you want a lot of nozzles. Doesn't
seem like a lot to some people, but to us it is...at this time anyway.

AirVac has pretty much dominated in these type of rework stations mainly
because there isn't too many others that make them. I don't know why,
because there still is a lot of through-hole stuff around...

Steve