TECHNET Archives

November 2013

From:
Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2013 13:38:20 -0300
IP64 means it is sealed against water splashes, but not against
immersion or powerful spray.  On marine electronics the entire thing
usually has an IP rating, IP64 means if it gets splashed it will likely
survive, IP67 means I can drop it in the bottom of the boat.

I would not wash it.

regards,

Graham Collins
Senior Process Engineer