TECHNET Archives

November 2013

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:10:08 -0500
Steve,
If you don't want to be tempted by the excess calories, donate them to
your local food bank.

I like Graham Collins explanations and agree with his view of not cleaning
these.  I have looked over a lot of vendor data sheets on whether the
components can withstand "Process X".  There are always weasel words in
there that say "test them and see".  And when you ask their technical
support, it is "test them and then let us know how they worked".

I am really not a fan of water-only cleaning.  I have never seen it work
as it should.  The addition of small amounts of detergents or surfactants
are really needed for the low standoff parts we are using these days.

Doug Pauls