TECHNET Archives

November 2013

From:
"Nutting, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nutting, Phil
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:14:05 +0000
This is a discussion I have had with our designers when we should be using thermal reliefs for connections to ground planes.  For low current it is a "don't care" but when we get into high current (>10A) the spokes should get larger and will essentially become no thermal relief.  We use PADS PowerPCB and I believe it can handle the changes.  Just getting folks to do it. (it is extra work... sigh)

But this is just my opinion,

Phil