TECHNET Archives

November 2013

From:
Don Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Don Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2013 06:16:11 -0600
Ted

The stack up is very specific, and it is very difficult (nearly impossible) to build.  As noted, it. Is deficient because there is no allowance for surface copper thickness increases due to thru hole plating.

The stack up be defines a string of 13 dimensions and an overall dimension.  While the nominal dimensions match (except for the missing plating allowance) the tolerance for the overall thickness is not realistic when considering the tolerances of the individual components.  The best way to handle this is either to adjust the overall finished dimension or to hold the overall dimension and allow the fabricator to adjust the thickness of the .014 cores.

Don Vischulis

Sent from my iPad