TECHNET Archives

October 2013

From:
Phil Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:05:12 +0000
Dean and Greg,

I have some questions as to how this IPC document is intended to be used.

Am I correct in assuming that the document should be sent to the PWB fabrication house filled out by them (electronically hopefully)?

Am I also correct in assuming that a customer (like me) would then visit the supplier and verify the answers and address any questions that may come up?

Since this document is dated 2004, is there any plan to update the document currently?

I can definitely say that none of my current PWB fabricators ever mentioned having a copy for me to use.

Given that this document is 49 pages, I am wondering if all PWB fabricators already know to have this document filled out in advance, and kept up to date, and available for customers (like me) who might come asking for it.   It seems like it can be filled out independent of who it is for (with the exception of the audit section).

My company has not been using this document for assessment of our PWB Fabricators but we do have a five page condensed version, of similar content, that was created in-house.  It was created before my time here so it may have used IPC-1710A as the starting point.  I definitely like the 1710 document.

Thanks in advance,

Phil