TECHNET Archives

October 2013

From:
Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:00:40 -0500
Hi Phil:

We have found that the effectiveness of manual physical inspection to be
approx 80% when compared to AOI.

If you look at literature in human factors such as ( Hardy,
& Cooper, 1989; Spencer & Schurman, 1994) you will find similar results.

Ask 100 operators to count a bag of marbles with 200 pieces in a single
attempt you will have a distribution of "counts" on your hand.

Bob W

--

   1. Bob Wettermann

847-767-5745