TECHNET Archives

October 2013

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:58:38 +0300
You need an etchant containing a strong sodium hydroxide, ammonia and
tetrahydrofuran, which will remove the outer fluorine atoms, leaving an
electrically charged surface that will bond to adhesives. However, this
is a very toxic, caustic, really nasty stuff and your H&S guys will
baulk at its use, after the first operator drops dead! In addition, I
think that removing the residues after etching and before glueing will
be electrically ultra-problematic.

I would suggest that mechanically abrading would really be your best
compromise, hopefully providing a key to a low-viscosity solvent-free epoxy.

Brian