TECHNET Archives

September 2013

From:
Chuck Brummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:26:26 -0700
Steve,

When I worked at a shop that made metal core boards did that type of
process.

Covered the entire surface with a metal powder  and laminated in the
press.  This filled all the holes in the metal core.  Next they used a
surface planer to sand the excess resin from the metal core surface.

They laminated cores to both sides, drilled and copper plated so the holes
passed through the epoxy fill in the metal core.

I found this on line:
http://compounds.sbna-inc.com/datasheets/Epoxy%20-%20Short%20Glass%20Fiber/X-28057-2HT%20Hole%20Fill%20Grade.pdf

Chuck

Charles W. Brummer | 3M Manufacturing Engineer
3M Electronic Solutions Division
3M Canoga Park, 8357 Canoga Ave. | Canoga Park, CA 91304
Office: 818 734 4930
[log in to unmask] | www.3M.com

This message (including any attachments) may contain material, non-public
information or proprietary information and is for the intended recipients
only. If you are not the intended recipient, you should notify the sender
and delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or use of this
information is strictly prohibited and may subject you to legal liability.