TECHNET Archives

September 2013

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 03:33:52 -0700
Joe,
Thank you for those words. You are the sunshine in my life etc. from the
song. Formulation that could be used to describe your straight and honest
approach. It's good to know that USA got thousands and thousands of the
same sort  as you. You may wonder why I am engaged in the future of your
'country'.  Actually I'm not the only one here. The US is debated every day
in radio and TV programs, and there are articles very often about the
declination that is ongoing. .It's quite natural that  I am interested and
worried, because of more than one reason:
- emotionally.....I like your country, and so do most here.
- trading, we export a lot to the USA.
- education, lots of our students in your unis, old tradition
-politics, the whole world is influenced in one or the other direction ,
more or less, when the US try to lead the way

Most frustrating is that you feel a monumental helplessness when you try to
form an own idea about the situation in your country, because of immense
complexity. More than one time, I say to myself why the heaven do you care
about America, it's none of you business. Concentrate on your own and
that's enough for a little man like you. But up and then I can't help have
an eye on what's going on. That's it, Joe, nice of you to read my amateur
thoughts and spend time to respond. Again, thank you.

Inge