TECHNET Archives

September 2013

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:45:21 -0700
Laura,
It's with shivering fingers and shaking knees I dare say against such an
authority like you.
Let me just make a very simplified calculation. Given in that branch: max
voltage = 1 V / series resistance  ( thus also current limitation) = 1 MOhm.
Max Pd = U2/R = 1/10exp6 = 1 uW.  Not enough to char epoxy.  Sorry for
being obstinate. If I am wrong and be corrected by you, it is a honor.
I enjoy hearing from you. One of the very first American reports I read as
newbe in soldering was written by you.

Inge