TECHNET Archives

September 2013

From:
Laura J Turbini <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Laura J Turbini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:34:32 -0400
Inge,
I disagree.  CAF is a conductive filament which grows from the anode to the
cathode.  It's growth rate is related to the voltage gradient, so in a low
voltage circuit you may never create CAF.  When you do create CAF and it
bridges the anode and the cathode, electrons flow rapidly heating up the
laminate causing it to char.
Laura