TECHNET Archives

September 2013

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:42:32 -0400
My friend Shuley Nakamura at Linear Technology responded with this advice.  I placed the doc she sent me on my website
http://www.hlinstruments.com/IPC_docs/Linear_Technology_uModule_LGA_Assembly.pdf

LT folks provide excellent support. Their lab in Mass is very well equipped to solve problems.

My friend Jim Williams (sadly died suddenly sevral years ago followed by another good friend Bob Pease at Jiim's funeral!) was one of the finest applications and design engineer I've ever had the pleasure to meet (we both collect old tube Tektronix scopes). His app notes. esp when the baby was being fed (he worked at home in a lab over his garage) were a hoot.  You'll note the bottles of baby milk in a row - that's how many feedings of the baby transpired while Jim hammered out his app note. His book "Analog Circuit Design" is a keeper (I have an autographed copy delivered by Bob Pease one evening at work with his great book "Troubleshooting Analog Circuits" in which he wrote an autograph saying "Bob, may all your problems be middle sized so you can find 'em!".

I've never had a bad part from Linear Technology. Documentation is thorough and you don't go through a phone bank and voice mail to get a reply.  Its refreshing.

Bob Landman

  _____