TECHNET Archives

September 2013

From:
Heidi Havelka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:58:00 -0400
We've had good results from Ascentec (http://www.ascenteceng.com/) for our
flex circuit pallets and fixtures.

Does the flex circuit have stiffeners?

Heidi Havelka
Interplex Sunbelt, Inc ” 6690 North Hiatus Road ” Tamarac, FL 33321
Phone: (954) 718-1700 ” Fax: (954) 718-0011
http://www.interplex.com/sunbelt

From:   Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>,
Date:   09/16/2013 03:34 PM
Subject:        [TN] assembly of components to a flex
Sent by:        TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Hi TechNet
We have been asked by a customer to build a flex assembly for them. It
is not complex, and the smallest part on it is a SOT-23, so it should be
pretty easy on the difficulty scale.  But we have not done full flex
assemblies before, we have done rigid/flex assemblies but...

Obviously we will need carrying fixtures to transport the flex circuit
through the SMT line, does anyone have any recommendations for vendors
for this sort of thing?

And are there any serious gotchas I should consider?  Polyimide flex, so
moisture/bakeout is obviously a consideration.

--
regards,

Graham Collins
Senior Process Engineer