TECHNET Archives

August 2013

From:
Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wayne Thayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2013 17:02:19 +0000
Hi Louis-

Can't be that hard, but results may not be as official. What about using some weights hung off a modified (soft jaw to grab the foil better) binder clip?  Add a little weight, measure the stretch using calipers, and note both near breakage.  Or spring for an Instron or Dage.  IF it's for production, I'd think you could do a simple go/no-go test without too much trouble.

Wayne