TECHNET Archives

August 2013

From:
"Robert e. welch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 13:46:01 +0000
Phosphorus?

Robert E. Welch
Senior Process Engineer
Moog Components Group

-----Original Message-----
From: TechNet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David D. Hillman
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] NTC Friday Element Quiz Question

Hi folks - Here is the Friday Element Quiz Question:

The Question:
This element is insoluble in acids and hydroxides at room temperature.
Sunflower seeds, oats and beef liver all contain this element. The word "lead". What element is being described?

The winner of the weekly element quiz will get the services of Clumpy and Kloumpios for the week.

So far Clumpy and Kloumpios have done the following:

Past Quiz winners/tasks:
Week 1 Dick Krug,  Spartan Complex Systems Week 2 Laura Turbini, IRC Week 3 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited Week 3 Pat Goodyear, PGE Week 4 Joe Russeau, Precision Analysts Laboratory Week 5 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security Week 6 Steve Gregory Week 7 Phil Kinner Week 8 Brian Ellis Week 9 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited Week 10 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 11 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
Week 12 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld-Elektronik Week 13 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 14 Brian Ellis
Week 15 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security Week 16 Steve Gregory Week 17 Phil Kinner Week 18 Ian Braddock, MBDA Systems Week 19 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 20 Denny Fritz
Week 21 Amol Kane
Week 21 Dewey Whittaker, Honeywell
Week 21 David Bealer, Watch Fire Signs

Week 22 Phil Kinner
- assisted with ????

Week 23 Guy Ramsey, RD Circuits
- The boys arrived on Saturday as promised. Stayed at our place, Stonebridge Farm, and helped hang high tension electric fence for my daughter's horse boarding operation. Sunday they helped me pull 300 hr maintenance on the tractor, watched Caroline start (break) a horse in training, tipped a few back by the pool, enjoyed a glorious purple sunset, tipped a couple more while telling stories and watching fire flies . . . took it easy.
During the week they worked on the in-line cleaner, validating and verifying the PID setups, repaired our high pressure pump for our factory humidification system, which without Steve Gregory's care and attention, had started to leak. Then we kicked around possible ways to keep a 600mm by 450mm by 7.6mm, 60 layer, sequential lamination board, with 33:1 PTH, eight DUT performance board at .4 mm pitch for 1189 Ball BGA survive reflow, measured z axis shift, and designed the attachment; pad, ball diameter and stencil for the interposers. They had to rush off before we finished developing the underfill process needed to stabilize the interposers.

Week 24 Mark Kostinovsky, Schlumberger
- The boys have been working hard and surely deserve some break. I'm fixin' to be nice to the boys and just let them sit on my porch, have a Texas drink, relax and enjoy our weather. This summer's been kinda cold around here: has not even hit 40C (104F) yet.

Week 25 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
- The guys arrived safely, and I sent them to the Erie County Fair.  They loved the antique tractor/ live steam exhibit, and are now figuring out what class their John Deere's can run in the Truck and Tractor pull.
They are also having a ball in the beer garden.  I'm not sure I will get anything constructive out of them this week but they sure are having fun!

Week 26 Paul Reid, PWB Interconnect Solutions Inc
- Well it's time for Clumpy and Kloumpios to join me for some Canadian wilderness camping in Algonquin Park, Ontario. What we'll do is put the canoe on the van, load up our camping gear, and then we'll head the North East area of Algonquin Park. We'll put in on the Barron River and canoe up to the river to a portage point where Clumpy and Kloumpios will be asked to portage the canoe and gear for about half a kilometer, past some falls, until we put back into the river. What we'll do then is canoe about a mile up stream and setup camp on a beautiful point of land that over looks the Barron Cliffs and has a pine tree every much like The Jack Pine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jackpine.jpeg that was painted by Tom Thomson in 1916. I'll start fishing; they will do the cooking and cleaning.  We will relax for a few days then we'll head back to Ottawa (given the mosquitoes don't carry us away). Dave - Maybe we can meet you on the Ottawa River some time next week.

Week 27 ????
- assisted with ????

Everyone have a safe week!

Dave Hillman