TECHNET Archives

August 2013

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:19:28 +0100
The problem to me with all these ingeniously found devices is that they
themselves are uncalibrated. They just produce an aerosol stream which will
be of varying intensity depending on where measured.
Going back to an earlier suggestion of fine particle might be more useful.
Getting some fine silica (3M) and shaking up a known amount in a box should
give a constant particle count if measured in a controlled time. Probably a
problem with static adhesion to container sides to overcome, maybe they
could be in a liquid... Brownian motion in either case would give a uniform
dispersal

Best Wishes

Mike