TECHNET Archives

August 2013

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2013 18:19:01 +0300
I've asked Steve to publish a graphic illustration that clearly shows
that what you thought was a new subject was, in fact, a reply to James
Head's reply to Doug Pauls' reply to Louis Hart's new thread entitled
'Re: [TN] NTC again [TN] Refreshment (NTC rant continues)'.

This is an example of how a thread is structured and how an embedded
subject could be easily missed by hundreds of members. In this case,
anyone not reading 'Re: [TN] NTC again [TN] Refreshment (NTC rant
continues)' would never see '[TN] Fiber optic borescope'. At the same
time, my example shows how a message is replied to in a logical order
and how "subthreads" automatically organise themselves, without
scratching one's head trying to work out that James Head replied to Doug
Pauls' message and not one of the five messages that came in in the
meanwhile.

Simple, isn't it?

Brian