TECHNET Archives

August 2013

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2013 07:05:27 -0500
Hi folks - Here is the Friday Element Quiz Question (yes, its a day
early):

The Question:
This element was almost named aldebaranium. What element is being
described?

The winner of the weekly element quiz will get the services of Clumpy and
Kloumpios for the week.

So far Clumpy and Kloumpios have done the following:

Past Quiz winners/tasks:
Week 1 Dick Krug,  Spartan Complex Systems
Week 2 Laura Turbini, IRC
Week 3 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
Week 3 Pat Goodyear, PGE
Week 4 Joe Russeau, Precision Analysts Laboratory
Week 5 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security
Week 6 Steve Gregory
Week 7 Phil Kinner
Week 8 Brian Ellis
Week 9 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
Week 10 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 11 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
Week 12 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld-Elektronik
Week 13 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 14 Brian Ellis
Week 15 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security
Week 16 Steve Gregory
Week 17 Phil Kinner
Week 18 Ian Braddock, MBDA Systems
Week 19 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
Week 20 Denny Fritz

Week 21 Amol Kane
- the boys can help me with optimization and qualification of Process
Equipment like stencil printer and wash. In their spare time they can
enjoy the fine TX summer

          Dewey Whittaker, Honeywell
- the boys can stay 2 days with me and as I've always said "a man's home
is his castle, in a manor of speaking". I'll be training them in stand-up
comedy dealing with the dichotomy of Technet humor. Their names and act
will be " Grim and Stellar".

          David Bealer, Watch Fire Signs
- since I will be out next week, they can take those 2 days
off.  Everybody deserves a weekend once in a while.

Week 22 Phil Kinner
- assisted with ????

Week 23 Guy Ramsey, RD Circuits
- The boys arrived on Saturday as promised. Stayed at our place,
StonebridgeFarm, and helped hang high tension electric fence for my
daughter's horse
boarding operation. Sunday they helped me pull 300 hr maintenance on the
tractor, watched Caroline start (break) a horse in training, tipped a few
back by the pool, enjoyed a glorious purple sunset, tipped a couple more
while telling stories and watching fire flies . . . took it easy.
During the week they worked on the in-line cleaner, validating and
verifying the PID setups, repaired our high pressure pump for our factory
humidification system, which without Steve Gregory's care and attention,
had started to leak. Then we kicked around possible ways to keep a 600mm
by 450mm by 7.6mm, 60 layer, sequential lamination board, with 33:1 PTH,
eight DUT performance board at .4 mm pitch for 1189 Ball BGA survive
reflow, measured z axis shift, and designed the attachment; pad, ball
diameter and
stencil for the interposers. They had to rush off before we finished
developing the underfill process needed to stabilize the interposers.

Week 24 Mark Kostinovsky, Schlumberger
- The boys have been working hard and surely deserve some break. I'm
fixin' to be nice to the boys and just let them sit on my porch, have a
Texas drink, relax and enjoy our weather. This summer's been kinda cold
around here: has not even hit 40C (104F) yet.

Week 25 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
- The guys arrived safely, and I sent them to the Erie County Fair.  They
loved the antique tractor/ live steam exhibit, and are now figuring out
what class their John Deere's can run in the Truck and Tractor pull.
They are also having a ball in the beer garden.  I'm not sure I will get
anything constructive out of them this week but they sure are having
fun!

Week 26 ????
- assisted with ????

Everyone have a safe week!