TECHNET Archives

August 2013

From:
Pat Goodyear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:59:16 -0400
Optical detector rings a bell, 20 years ago we had a Forward Scatter
Meter, we used it at the plant to measure the density of the fog.    Had
nothing to do with humidity but it was for visibility.    If I remember
correctly it had a shielded IR light source on one arm facing a shielded
photo detector array on an opposite arm about 2 meters separating them.
I think they use a similar device at airports.    Maybe a device of that
type may work on a smaller scale.   Zero point would be no interference,
high level would be the point at which the air quality is uninhabitable,
and possibly a logarithmic scale in between.

Pat