IPC-600-6012 Archives

August 2013

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Pete Menuez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:19:13 -0400
Hello All -

This isn't the best picture but it is all I have.

This cross section is being evaluated to IPC 6012 Rev B Class 3A and is
being rejected for wicking in excess 2 mils.  Is this, in you all's
opinion, wicking or is this the effect of plasma etch/resin
removal/glass etch and not wicking?  How should this be evaluated under
B/3A?

How would this be evaluated in 6012 Rev C Class 3A?  Could you even
evaluate it since this is before etch?

Comments are greatly appreciated.  Btw, I'm not trying to save anything.
This panel has already been scrapped out - I have a presentation with my
customer and I'd like to offer more opinion than just my own and the
board fab.

Thanks,
Pete

Peter Menuez
Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
L-3 Communications Cincinnati Electronics
7500 Innovation Way
Mason, Ohio 45040
513-573-6401 Voice
513-767-3778 Cell