TECHNET Archives

July 2013

From:
John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:35:24 +0000
HI Greg and Bill,

What I have been doing within my design standards (IPC-222X, IPC-7351) and my performance specifications (IPC-601X), is highlight areas of change within a revision with gray-shaded text.  If there has been a change to a Figure or Table, then the figure or table header is gray-shaded.

I will include a statement about this within section 1 of the standard, e.g., 1.7, Revision Level Changes, in IPC-6012C.

This was something that my standards committees had asked of me awhile back, and it has been met with positive responses since.

This is NOT a universal IPC procedure.  There are other IPC standard development liaisons within IPC that DO NOT utilize this approach within revisions of standards they are responsible.  I myself was trying to be responsive to those who develop and use the standards I am responsible for.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

John Perry

Technical Project Manager

IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries®

3000 Lakeside Drive # 309S

Bannockburn, IL 60015-1249 USA

+1 847-597-2818 (tel)

+1 847-615-7105 (fax)