TECHNET Archives

July 2013

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:53:00 -0500
No argument here my friend, but now Hillman's gonna disqualify you.  I
wonder if he can disqualify entire groups of people?  Stay tuned.

Doug Pauls

From:   Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
To:     TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>,
Date:   07/03/2013 10:50 AM
Subject:        Re: [TN] NTC Friday Element Quiz Question

Ah, McMillanium!  Only found in nature in the ground water system of
Scotland, it can be concentrated in single malt scotch, this is what
gives the unique taste!  It also makes research into this material very
expensive and not so productive...

regards,

Graham Collins
Senior Process Engineer
Sunsel Systems
(902) 444-7867 ext 211

On 7/3/2013 12:04 PM, Douglas Pauls wrote:
> [...]
>
> The answer is McMillanium (105.5 Mc).  It is right next to Seaborgium
(106
> Sg) in the Transuranium series.  In reality, McMillanium is the more
> technically correct.  Edwin McMillan was the more mathematical of the
two
> researchers.  Glen Seaborg merely rounded up.  Seaborg gets the element
> named after him, and McMillan gets the "honorable mention".  There is no
> justice in this world.
>
> I am not going to tell you any more about this wonderful half fractional
> material because I have come to realize that the more data I give, the
> more grist Hillman has in his mill to disqualify me.  So there.
>
> Doug Pauls
>

> From:   "David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
> To:     <[log in to unmask]>
> Date:   07/03/2013 09:26 AM
> Subject:        [TN] NTC Friday Element Quiz Question
> Sent by:        TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
>

> Hi folks - Here is the Friday Element Quiz Question (yes, its early due
>
> the US July 4th Holiday):
>
> The Question:
> Only one clue - the 1951 Nobel Prize in Chemistry. What is the element?
>

> The winner of the weekly element quiz will get the services of Clumpy
and
> Kloumpios for the week.
>

> So far Clumpy and Kloumpios have done the following:
>
> Past Quiz winners/tasks:
> Week 1 Dick Krug,  Spartan Complex Systems
> Week 2 Laura Turbini, IRC
> Week 3 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
> Week 3 Pat Goodyear, PGE
> Week 4 Joe Russeau, Precision Analysts Laboratory
> Week 5 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security
> Week 6 Steve Gregory
> Week 7 Phil Kinner, PVA
> Week 8 Brian Ellis
> Week 9 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
> Week 10 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
> Week 11 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
> Week 12 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld-Elektronik
> Week 13 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
> Week 14 Brian Ellis
>
> Week 15 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security
> - Tell the boys to be prepared for helping do FOD walks at one of my
> suppliers. I bet when the employees at this supplier see these 2 guys on
> the FOD walk it will get their attention and help raise awareness of the
> importance of preventing FOD.
>
> Week 16 Steve Gregory
> -I need them to help me start-up a new (used) Vitronics/Soltec wave
> machine we recently got here. It's gonna' be fun (if that's what you
want
> to call it), we have to fill the Vitronics with a tin wash so we can get
> the wave formers and nozzles out, clean everything up, and then empty
the
> pot. Then we've got to empty the pot in the old Electrovert machine that
> we have and have that solder ready for the Vitronics. Then we'll play
> musical wave machines by moving the Electrovert and placing the
Vitronics