TECHNET Archives

July 2013

From:
Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Wettermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:12:58 -0500
Recently one of our customers complained about “not all of the boards being
in the box”. We had QC count them and sign off on the count as well as
 shipping (2 separate documented counts). The boards were placed in to
dividers and there were multiple layers in the box.

I do understand however that a count is not a single number but rather a
distribution.

We suspect that the missing (2) boards were “siphoned off” by engineering
before the receiving was officially completed.

This is a long time customer who we have come to trust.

So the question in front of the group is:

What system/s or processes should one put in place in order to make sure
the counts are same?

BTW the count was (50) pieces.

Thanks!

Bob Wettermann,BEST Inc