TECHNET Archives

June 2013

From:
Mike Fenner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 11:44:56 +0100
HI Inge
Attached is an old presentation (early 1990's) on conductive adhesives,
which you might like to add to your Dropbox archive. Technically it has
stood up remarkably well, so is still a good primer for solder engineers. I
apologise though for its garish appearance.

Silver glasses seem to have fallen from the mainstream (together with
ceramic packages and so on). Sod's Law now says someone more informed will
say opposite.
They were a seemingly obvious candidate to revisit as a Pb-free, Au-free
alternative to high Pb content die attach solders, but were set aside again
as the glass component could not be made lead free.

Best Wishes

Mike