TECHNET Archives

June 2013

From:
"David D. Hillman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2013 07:26:37 -0500
Hi Louis - I am in agreement with George Wenger, on ENIG you are soldering
to the nickel plating and not the copper plating. Unless the nickel
plating was impacted by a copper plating condition (i.e. porosity,
adhesion, etc.), it is not clear why the nickel wouldn't be the
controlling surface impacting solderability. What solderability test
results led you to suspect the copper plating is playing a role in your
float tests?

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins