TECHNET Archives

June 2013

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:38:53 +0300
A problem with rapid cure epoxies is that you never have time to get a
homogeneous mixture; you will therefore have spots with an excess of one
component and others with a lack of it, even in the unlikely event of
your getting the proportions right. The right word to look up is
stoichiometry. In addition rapid epoxies are very exothermic and
temperature differentials can create stress and even cracking. A good
electrical grade (reduced ionics) with a cure time of several hours
would seem appropriate for such a hi-V job

Brian