TECHNET Archives

June 2013

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2013 08:04:20 +0200
Amol,
I'm slow as always. It would be interesting to know WHY did you worry about
these microscopic amounts of Titanium. You can find anything in a solder
joint. I have hardly ever seen a clean one, half of the element system
seems to be extra passengers. I have bought TOFSIMS analysis up and then on
solder joints, and I have been surprised every time: from where did all
stuff come? Cu,Zn,Mg,Fe,Na,Ni, Al, P, Pd, Cl, you name it. By the time I
began to omit these extra spices, because they did not have any
significance as a whole.

Inge