TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2013 16:36:27 +0000
Brian, why not? On the one hand bromine compounds integral to the prepreg are bound intrinsically, and on the other hand the sulfur compounds are an integral part of the cured fillers. Neither are capable of outgassing to any great degree, at least not until either reaches their Td as you have pointed out, correct? Neither presents a case of loosely bound ions or catons.
Further, after the initial release from heating during curing, are not the remaining molecules bound (physically)? I am not a chemical engineer, so forgive my ignorance. I'm just asking.