TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 13:58:32 -0400
Hi,

 Rework instructions go in the ECO. This is what folks approve.

Scrap?  Cost of rework and nature of changes. If reworked assemblies are not
functionally compatible with previous then a new Assembly Number is required
and previous rev might be retained as is for spares. If they remain
functionally the same (IE bug fix) then everything is always rework unless
rework is extensive.

I always use Rev x as a circuit board Rev in the etch. ASSY is for the
constructed assembly.  Actually I keep the ASSY# simple and constant and
have serial numbers on many items. This is the only way I see to monitor
other configuration info such as special part loading or firmware.

Bob K.