TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
Gregg Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gregg Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2013 17:03:46 +0000
Ben:

As to 1) really small pre-fluxed but untinned wires can be used to  remove the solder after it is inserted into the cup and heated. Capillary action will remove gold. Also solder wick can be used but off the top of my head I don't know how small it is available.  2) double-tinning just means technician adds solder to completely fill the cup. Then remove the solder via wire or solder wick. Repeat process second time. Then you are ready to fill the solder cup with solder (a third time) for final soldering operations to solder wire to cup.

Hope this clarifies.

Gregg Owens