TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 19:32:25 -0400
There also was "Semiconductor International Magazine"   See article below

http://www.fabtech.org/news/_a/semiconductor_international_has_closed/

"Semiconductor International has closed
18 April 2010  By Mark Osborne

UPDATE: That was the headline at the 'Top Stories' column of the home page
of www.semiconductor.net, the online home of monthly trade magazine,
Semiconductor International (SI). Parent company Reed Elsevier, the U.S. arm
of Reed Business International (RBI), had been divesting or reorganizing its
magazine portfolio for over a year and 23 titles including SI have been
closed down completely, effective April 30th.

In typical PR wisdom, Reed announced the closures on Friday, the classic day
for releasing bad news as this is deemed the lowest profile day for press
and the financial community as the weekend looms.

Rumours over the pending demise of SI began to intensify when the remaining
'electronics' titles were sold to Canon Communications in February, 2010.
Those titles included Electronic Design News, Design News, Test &
Measurement World and Packaging Direct.

Penwell's Solid State Technology (SST) now stands as the only U.S.-based
monthly magazine covering semiconductor manufacturing.
UPDATE: There would seem to be a twist in the tail of the closure of
magazines such as Semiconductor International based on
http://www.foliomag.com/2010/did-reed-ever-really-plan-sell-titles-it-closed
">this trade media news from Folio."

You might also try Solid State Technology Magazine as the frequently shared
articles.
Solid State Technology Magazine -
http://www.electroiq.com/semiconductors.html  I would try searching for the
article title - if there is one you are looking for.

If all else fails you can use the http://www.semiconductor.net address in
the Wayback Machine [not sure if this is associated with Sherman and Mr.
Peabody of not, however] at Wayback Machine - http://archive.org/index.php
Sometimes I have good luck and other times I don't.  Be sure to scroll down
to the bottom of the pages before giving up as sometimes it has an annoying
habit of making the search appear to be ineffective by having the same stuff
repeat at the top of the page, when the 'good stuff' is a screen down...

You may also check to see if Elsevier, the U.S. arm of Reed Business
International (RBI) has any archives

Finally, if there IS a particular article that you are looking for, there
may be a remote possibility that Inge or myself might have scanned it...
Remote, but a possibility.

Good luck

Steve Creswick
Sr Associate - Balanced Enterprise Solutions
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencreswick
                         616 834 1883