TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
"Wenger, George M. [Contractor]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Wenger, George M. [Contractor]
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 14:25:19 -0500
Hi Louis,

On an ENIG surface finish you are soldering to Ni not Cu so I would be very surprise if the type of copper plating under the Ni would impact solderability.  Do you have any photographs that show the reason you suspect there is a solderability difference?

Regards,
George
George M. Wenger
Failure Signature & Characterization Lab LLC
609 Cokesbury Road, High Bridge, NJ 08829
(908) 638-8771 Home (732) 309-8964 Mobile
E-mail: [log in to unmask]