TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2013 23:41:52 -0400
Inge,

A long time ago I read a paper on MIL-STD suggesting its a dodo bird. The author, a USAF statistician called the
Arrhenius Equation (1889) to be an erroneous equation when attempting to apply it to modern complex dense silicon integrated circuits.

i have the paper somewhere; I'll find it and share it here.

Cosmic rays, alpha particles,  and many other factors now must be included in what has become a very uncertain calculation of MTTF.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone