TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 19:13:54 -0400
Yes core memory.

Many years ago (1970) the company I was working for (Scope Electronics in Reston, VA) was experimenting with voice recognition in a minicomputer for the DOD, the minicomputer name escapes me.

Programming was done on a huge board with 1N914 diodes!  it was very crude ROM.

I was the tech who got to solder in the diodes.  That was not a fun assignment.

We got it to recognize ten words, That was a big accomplishment.  The USAF wanted voice command to fire weapons so they sent us voice tapes of fighter pilots pulling hi G loads then speaking "fire hound dog missile!".

Bob

Sent from my iPhone