TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2013 21:18:43 -0400
Kevin,
OSP is a good surface finish. Most are a LOT better than when they were
first introduced in the 1990s.  Shelf life will depend in large part on how
you store them and the particular OSP you pick.  You can get selective ENIG
for test points, but then you have to consider where you put them!  I have
not seen undue damage caused by the use of OSP over say ENIG because of
environmental considerations - Coca Cola will do in a PCBA no matter what
the finish.  :(  Yeah, I know you are really talking about atmospheric
environments - overall I would say the finish is "average".

Bev
Blackberry