TECHNET Archives

May 2013

From:
Phil Kinner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phil Kinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2013 23:00:59 -0700
I'm going to go with mercury Dave.

Sent from my Windows Phone From: David D. Hillman
Sent: 10/05/2013 04:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TN] NTC Friday Element Quiz Question
Hi folks - Here is the Friday Element Quiz Question:

The Question:
This element is listed in the Old Testament Book of Numbers as one of the
7 known metals. Supposedly, the Phoenicians sailed thru the Straits of
Gibraltar and discovered an island source for this element in the Atlantic
but kept the source a secret. The metallic form of this element is
nontoxic but the organic form (compounds composed of carbon and
hydrocarbons) are very toxic. What is the element is being described?

Bonus Question: Name the pre-Roman Etruscan god associated with this
element.

The winner of the weekly element quiz will get the services of Clumpy
and Kloumpios for the week.

So far Clumpy and Kloumpios have done the following:

Past Quiz winners/tasks:
Week 1 Dick Krug,  Spartan Complex Systems
Week 2 Laura Turbini, IRC
Week 3 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited
Week 3 Pat Goodyear, PGE
Week 4 Joe Russeau, Precision Analysts Laboratory
Week 5 Tom Carroll, Boeing Defense, Space and Security
Week 6 Steve Gregory
Week 7 Phil Kinner, PVA
Week 8 Brian Ellis
Week 9 James Head, Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited

Week 10 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
- assisted with a 5S effort - They're scrubbing, replacing old floor
tape, and helping to get things in pristine shape.

Week 11 Keith Calhoun, Sopark Corp
- assisted with getting my boat ready for this summers fishing trips.
Today we will be replacing a conveyor in
one of my reflow ovens, then wave maintenance for the rest of the week.

Week 12 Matthias Mansfeld, Mansfeld-Elektronik
- They can really help me with my CAD library (big pile of datasheets on
my desk, new stuff for these layouts). I'd give them a Cadstar crash
course. If the library work is done or if they need a break, they can have

much fun with our two cats. Later they could visit Munich.

Week 13 Leland Woodall, CSTech Inc.
- assisted with performing cross sections for the team this week.  If they
finish early, I'm going to let them spend a couple of days fishing at the
coast after our three day rain.

Week 14 ????
- assisted with ????

Everyone have a safe week!