TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2013 10:30:47 -0400
Bob,

Good morning!

It has truly been many years since evaluating Ag, Au, Pd/Ag, and Cu filled adhesives for microelectronics applications.  It may have been the H44, or an earlier variant.  I remember looking at the Au filled for an implantable application.

Somewhat independent of the metal filler, the organic matrix will define mechanical strength and thermal stability characteristics of the product.

Still have the problem of forming a strong bond to the gold pad on the diode.  Just no chemical bonding of any magnitude taking place

Bottom line being that whatever works in your shop, under your conditions, under your environmental situations is what one should go with.  Just do your due diligence and actually test, repeat test, and verify product data sheet claims.

'Trust', but absolutely verify is my motto!

Steve C