TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Victor Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2013 06:26:32 -0500
Fellow TechNetters:

  According to the above stated IPC Standard, section 6.1.1 Pick and Place Requirements No special placement and CLEARANCE requirement are needed for the component pick and place operation.""   However, if it does require corner edge glue for reliability purposes then the edge glue will encounter some issue/concerns/obstacles.   Ceramic components will be saturated will glue and/or create a conflict with glue height for heat sink placement.

   I did send Steve some photos for viewing.

Victor,