TECHNET Archives

April 2013

Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 10:11:44 -0700
Hi Victor,

Our company is in the SSD business.  While our preference is to use SMT
components because of the height considerations, I understand there is no
restriction to using leaded components.  I believe in some cases companies
use large value capacitors which are not SMT.

Regards
Ravinder Ajmani
HGST, a Western Digital company

5601 Great Oaks Pkwy.
San Jose, CA 95119-1003
www.hgst.com

Victor Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
04/05/2013 09:00 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to

cc

Subject
[TN] SSD/HDD Technology

Fellow TechNetters:

   Besides the lack of a rotating platter, are SSD HDD limited to SMT
components only.   Can large leaded components be used in SSD HDD
Technology?   What is the Industry Standard?

Victor,