TECHNET Archives

April 2013

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2013 17:06:33 +0200
Hi all, and Dave,

now, I must say against Dave. The torch soldering kit I have been using is
not suitable for house tasks,  because the tiny tips are designed for
electronics. I have to replace eight 'pins' SOTs with the finest tip. Not
as good results as with reflow soldering, but worked fine. if you are in a
situation with no line power, the torch iron is a good tool for emerengency
jobs, for instance.

Inge